Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Perrysburg

Some people have been asking about what it's like where I am housesitting. Well, it's a lot like Bowling Green, except more residential and not as many bars, and more strip malls.

The most noticable difference is when I am commuting back and forth from my apartment, it's not unusual to look over to my right or left on the road and have a BMW next to my little Honda. It's nice seeing European cars again. Being so close to Detroit and having car factories in Toledo, it's rare to see a non-American product on these highways. So, you can infer from the Beemers that yes, Perrysburg is an affluent area, although, coming from living in another affluent area, Newton, Massachusetts, it would be very hard to tell that Perrysburg is that well-to-do. But the lawns are big, the houses are nice, and the cars are foreign.

I have yet to really adventure very far in town though, simply because I have been too busy stressing out about my project, but maybe tomorrow I'll find the time to go to the farmers market that is held downtown every Thursday and pick up some fresh veggies and fruits. There are some restaurants that I'd also like to check out, but I'm a little awkward about eating alone--I'll go to movies by myself, museums, trips, etc, but eating alone in a restaurant in a town that you are not just passing through makes me feel a bit... well, like a loser. But hey, if the shoe fits, right? Hopefully I'll suck it up and try out the Hungarian restaurant in town sometime this weekend. I'd also love to take in a flick at some point too, but perhaps I shouldn't go too crazy! One day terribly soon all my troubles will be over and I'll have to go about looking for a part time job to pay the bills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page