Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Tom Cruise in: Kategate

Am I the only one in America who finds this newsome twosome troubling?

I admit that I am intrigued, watching shows like Access Hollywood, Extra, and so on just to get the latest on them. When I found out that Tom was going to be on Oprah, I set aside an hour today just to watch the show (I will save my Oprah comments for another day).

Why am I intrigued, you ask?

I am not entirely sure myself. First off, Miss Holmes is a Toledo native, so folks around these parts tend to take an extra notice to stories about hometown heroes. (For those of you who scoff at Ohio, I have to tell you, *everyone* famous comes from Ohio. It's crazy--8 presidents, 2 astronauts, countless authors, actors, musicians, and so on.) I have loved "Dawson's Creek" for years, and anyone who is a fan of the show automatically loves Joey Potter.

The problem is that Tom Cruise is no Pacey Witter. And as a matter of fact, I hate Tom Cruise. That crazy Scientology-loving freak who has not been in a good movie since Top Gun and really, Val Kilmer made that film for me (okay, so I haven't seen Magnolia).

Anyway, I watched the Oprah episode as she 'oohed' and 'ahhed' over his recent romance. But ladies, do you not find it creepy that he called her up and asked to meet her just to mac on her? That is creepy. Also, is it not convenient that they are both starring in some major blockbusters this summer? Cruise's co-star, tween Dakota Fanning must have not responded to Cruise's advances, so he had to find someone else looking for publicity this summer. Honestly, Dakota Fanning is closer in age to Katie Holmes than Tom. Creepy.

While there are other certain May-December romances that don't bug me out so much: Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas (she seems older than her age) and Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher (she seems younger than her age), Katie just appears uncomfortable around Cruise, which makes me want to call the authorities and ask them to start up the Amber Alert system, because I think that she's being held against her will. Look at their demeanor when in public sometimes. He's constantly pushing her around, clutching onto her as if she'll run away or motion for help if her limbs are not forcibly kept to her sides or on his face. When he kisses her, she does not appear to kiss back, grossed out by dentures, perhaps.

Yes, this whole ordeal is none of my business, but I just find it all gross and I will boycott War of the Worlds as a result. Okay, so I wasn't going to see that damn film anyway, you got me. And yes, I'll probably continue to buy Us Weekly if it has them on the cover, but I tell you, if a marriage comes out of this, we must act to save Katie! Our battlecry? "Tell that fancy-pant Sinatra to get his hands off of Mia!" Gross.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Well, I did find this as support that I am not the only one disturbed. I just find that spoof itself disturbing...View at your own risk.

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/poptoons/tomcruise_katieholmes.asp

5:12 PM  
Blogger HouseRunner said...

http://www.answergirlnet.blogspot.com/

Ellen agrees with you.
i haven't made a decision yet. Penelope cruz dates whoever is in her movie, so what's the big deal.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page