Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"I Want to be in America"

The flight is booked and the tickets are in my possession. I am terribly excited.

Before it seemed perhaps too far away, but now it is in the not too far fture ahead: my brother's wedding, which will take me home for a glorious week where I will not only view the nuptuals and see my family, who I miss; but will also eat any of the following things continuously:

ice cream--still mint chocolate chip on the mind!
pizza
steak (if I can get my hands on it)
salads
stuffed pork chops
crab
lasanga
beer battered coconut shrimp
root beer
Burger King
crab rangoon

If only there was a way to take that stuff back home.

The things I look forward to doing?

The wedding and all wedding events
Seeing my family and friends (I hope that you plan on being around!)
Talking to friends on the phone who I won't be as fortunate to actually see.
Driving (if I get to be so lucky)
Getting "new" clothes from the attic or closet
Getting "new" shoes
Cocktails (inexistant or very expensive here)
Bringing books back
Watching tv. (Yes, I know how lame this sounds, but if the only tv you've been able to understand for the past six months was reruns of 90210 only because the dubbing was so damn slow that when you turned up the volume you could hear the English you'd be wanting to see some "Meet the Press" or "America's Next Top Model" too, okay.)
Going to a movie
Not speaking Russian for a week!

Goodness, I am getting goosebumps just thinking about it all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Heya B--I think that it will be difficult to meet up--I'm only in town for the weekend of the wedding, which will be family-filled. :) I do not know when I will be back in America--but think about coming here.

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page