Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day

Today is a national holiday.

You are not at home reading this blog.

You are on the beach.

You are at a barbeque.

You are on a picnic.

Or on vacation.

Or with family.

Or doing a million other things other than sitting at home. At least I am hoping.

National holidays abroad cease to exist unless you are reminded of them, which we were. Perhaps this evening the small collective will get together to celebrate one of our nation's most important holidays (perhaps in my mind only second to Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday). I hope that wherever you are, you will be similarly engaged in good company.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

happy day after the 4th, molly. america misses you :)

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did nothing at all, except wander around with no Americans and remind people that it was an important day. It made me feel sad and sort of homesick, without the home part anyway, perhaps just favoritecountrysick or something.
Hope you had some good times, and remembered the struggle of reason against the divine right of kings.
-eoin

6:03 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I spent the day slingin' ribs to poorly-tipping families. And then trying to keep my cat from freaking out about all the fireworks. I'm pretty sure she thought we had reached the end times.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent the 4th in pain after smashing up my toe pretty good. Aerosmith playing at the hatchshell sucked, but Rockapella playing with the Pops was AWESOME!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page