Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Vienna

Oh how happy I was my first day in Vienna. Grand and modern and clean and beautiful. The Christmas markets are up around town and everywhere houses history, gorgeous buildings and a sense of vitality. The Christmas markets sell pasteries, cakes and pretzels bigger than my head. Punch and all sorts of things that smell warm and wonderful. It is a travellers paradise.

Just walking around the city that first day I was filled with a sense of joy and excitement for what lay beyond the next corner.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Molly, does the typo in this entry represent a freudian slip and what's really on your mind?!

"I was filled with a sense of JOB"! :-)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

thanks Sue, I corrected it. It certainly has been on my mind lately, as it's taken a lot longer than I had anticipated to hear back from basically everyone. Coming home bez (without) a job, an apartment, etc, has been very stressful. But currently I am spending money anyway. There will be dishes to wash somewhere. Although, now that I think about that, I am not even sure if they'd take me, with the tb and all..

1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK--I'm finally back online and getting caught up on your adventures... I loved the Christmas markets in Vienna too. Walking through the snow and sipping mugs of hot punch and just soaking in all the holiday sights and smells--you're right, it's a traveller's paradise.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page