Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Off Again!

Today I am off to Ternopol to take part in the third week of the same camp I was at last week, missing out on the Donestk portion of it. My original ticket had me going to Odessa and arriving at 1:30am on Saturday, which I realized only yesterday would put me there before everyone else and without anywhere to stay.

After realizing this and freaking out, I went back to my favorite place to see if I could change tickets, which I did. So I can leave today from my own city. Why this ticket was not originally offered to me is up to speculation, such as the KACA ladies are perhaps evil. Especially considering that I offered her the same notebook paper with the same date, departure and arrival cities. Who knows.

I was also "successful" in getting my way to Uzhgorod, a boarder town I need to get to before ehading with some friends to Budapest later in August. Am certainly excited about that.

But back to camp--this time should not be as stressful, as it is only a day camp and I will not be teaching as much as filling in. The topics at this camp are also not as intense, but focus more on teaching creative thinking and the arts.

The city is supposed to look like a shrunk down Lviv too--so that helps, along with the fact that one of my linkmates will be there. Supposedly after camp we get a trip to Lviv and then those of us who so choose go back to Kyiv to evaluate the program, which I'd really like to do, as I'd also like to help with it next year. It also will seve as getting a free ride back to N-- as the women who head up the camp are RPCVs from N-- who spend their summers here at their dacha.

Overall, I am in better spirits about this camp and things in general than I was a few weeks ago. Probaly due to a little bit of relaxing and cleaning up a part of my apartment. I am also curious as to what all of you are doing (or have done) this summer?

1 Comments:

Blogger HouseRunner said...

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyid=2006-07-26T181733Z_01_N26447490_RTRUKOC_0_US-BASS.xml&WTmodLoc=NewsArt-R2-Today-7
sorry to be the one to tell you...
:)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page