Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Proper Goodbyes (albeit in a public space)

As I posted earlier, a dear friend has left Peace Corps Ukraine--my clustermate Mary. Unfortunately her leaving coincided with Eric's trip, so we were not able to meet up right before she left. Nor was I able to fully articulate how her being here has helped me. She is one of the few people who has never wavered in her support and it can not be overstated how essential that can be to anyones success here or simply their sanity at times.

I am truly grateful that she was one of the four others in my cluster and that I had the privilege to work, learn, and just have fun with her.

So Mary, thanks for the late night chats, the never ending enthusiasm for the Russian language, and for so much more. True friendship is rare and I hope you know how much yours means to me.

May our paths cross often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page