Two Dollars A Day

Photos and thoughts from the past and present and dreams about the future.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Bratislava, esho raz

Arriving bez problema, I got the info about the bus to the airport and headed out to the Christmas markets in town. Full of life the center of town was in full swing.

I bought what could have easily been the best apple struddle ever and killed some time online before grabbing dinner. Then I went and killed more time online (did I mention the center of Bratislava is quite small?) I then hopped on a tram and got the bust to the airport where I heard a drunken man get kicked out of the airport and hunkered down for the night. The Bratislava airport is really, really comfortable and I slept for 4 straight hours.

In the a.m. I met the friendliest passport control officer ever who asked me if I understood Slovak a little bit and I replied the affirmative.

And with that, I was off to Ireland--saying goodbye to Eastern Europe for the last time in who knows how long.

I will miss her--I do miss her. Beautiful and trying, she won my heart some time ago and she was my home. Sniff, sniff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page